APPROVAL PROCEDURE FOR THE SANCTION OF GRANT UNDER THE FOOD PROCESSING SCHEMES
To get the grant sanctioned under the two Food Processing Schemes, an investor (promoter of a proposed project) has to obtain the following two approvals respectively:
- Approval from State Investment Promotion Board (SIPB):
As a first step towards setting up of any unit in the state (including any food processing unit), the promoter is required to apply for the SIPB approval.
To download the application format for the SIPB approval & the list of requisite documents kindly visit the
Important Downloads section of the website.
A promoter is required to make an application for this purpose to the Department of Industries, GoB in the prescribed format along with the requisite documents duly enclosed with the application.
- The meeting of SIPB is frequently organised by the Department of Industries, GoB to appraise the proposals so obtained.
- Once the approval is granted, Department communicates the same to the respective promoter through a letter duly dispatched at the communication address provided by him/her in the application.
- Approval from the Project Approval & Monitoring Committee (PAMC):
PAMC is the main steering committee for the implementation of the food processing schemes.
- After the SIPB approval is obtained, a Detailed Project Report (DPR) has to be placed before the PAMC for due consideration for the sanction of grant.
- The DPR has to be prepared and presented to the PAMC by IL&FS, Clusters on behalf of the promoter. IL&FS, Clusters is the designated Programme Management Agency (PMA) for the food processing schemes and is solely responsible for the preparation of such DPRs in the state.
- The promoter therefore needs to visit the office of IL&FS, Clusters as soon as the SIPB approval is obtained. At the IL&FS, Clusters a well defined procedure is followed for the DPR preparation. A detail of the same is furnished below.
- Once the DPR is prepared and presented before the PAMC, a due decision regarding the sanction of the grant is taken by it based on the merit of the proposed project.
- The project (the promoter of the proposed project) so sanctioned for the grant is then duly communicated.
PROCEDURE FOR THE PREPARATION OF DPR BY IL&FS, CLUSTERS
At IL&FS, Clusters, a time bound set of steps is followed for the preparation of various DPRs. The DPRs for various projects by various promoters are prepared on the first come first basis duly commensurate with the order of their SIPB approval.
The steps are as follow:
To download the application format for the DPR preparation & the list of requisite documents kindly visit the
Important Downloads section of the website.
- Application for the preparation of DPR: The promoter is required to make an application for this purpose in the prescribed format duly enclosed with all the necessary documents.
- Allotment of File Number: Once the application, complete in all respect, is received along with all the necessary documents, a separate file is opened for the proposed project and a file number is allotted to the promoter for future references.
- Pre-DPR Site Visit: A Pre-DPR site visit is conducted normally within 10 working days after the receipt of complete application.
- The visit is conducted by a team of IL&FS, Clusters to assess the existing site conditions.
- The date & time of the visit is duly communicated to the concerned promoter as soon the same is decided.
- The date & time of the visit is grossly linked to the status of earlier projects in the pipeline.
- Preparation of DPR: The DPR is then prepared for the proposed project with due interaction with the concerned promoter. The concerned promoter needs to keep himself/herself available for this. He/she may need to furnish some more documents duly requested by the IL&FS, Clusters team as required for an adequate appraisal of the proposed project. Normally the preparation is completed within 10 working days after the pre-DPR visit.
- Submission of the DPR: The complete DPR is submitted to the Dept. of Industries, GoB at the earliest for the final views of the PAMC regarding the proposed amount of grant for the project.
- Applications made for the DPR preparation are accepted at IL&FS, Clusters only if the necessary documents are enclosed with it. Application not accompanied by the necessary documents would by summarily rejected. The promoters are therefore advised to approach IL&FS, Clusters for the DPR preparation only after the requisite documents are arranged in full.
- Once the DPR is approved by the PAMC, the concerned promoter may collect a copy of the same from IL&FS, Clusters for their records and future references.
- The services provided by the IL&FS, Clusters to the promoters are free of cost. No charges are made at any step.
- To know our office address, kindly visit the Contact section of the website.